Power Track LARS
The FT516 power track LARS is a modular piece of equipment that allows for the deployment and recovery of the FT520 piston corer.
The whole system is modular built and can be packed into a standard 20 foot ISO container, to increase ease of transport across the globe.
– Rapid mobilisation
– Sample recovery up to 8m
– Modular build
– Increased safety
– Reduced launch and recovery time
– Reduced man power required for operation
– Integrated hydrostatic safety release to prevent false triggering
– Compatible with Feritech FT520 piston corer
– Additional A-frames available
FT520 Piston corer
The power track LARS is designed to work seamlessly with our piston corer, which combines operational safety with survey efficiency and reliability. The improved recovery and less disturbed sample yields a higher quality result compared to that of a standard gravity corer. The piston reduces internal friction between the sediment and the liner, this helps to prevent samples plugging the liner and reducing the sample return.