FT570 Marine seafloor CPT
The Feritech FT570 seafloor CPT system shows the way for the latest generation CPT technology. Simple to use, quick to mobilise with advanced features and class leading results. This flexible system can be deployed from a vessel or platform and be configured with a thrust capacity from 50kN through to 400kN.
The advanced chain drive system can accommodate 25mm, 36mm and 45mm rods ensuring the system is truly flexible. Standing by our modular philosophy seen on our other equipment the CPT drive units are no acceptation. They have been designed from the ground up to offer the user maximum flexibility. The unit can be configured with a dead weight of between 5 and 45 tonnes using the modular ballast allowing it to be used on small vessels or large vessel alike. The same CPT drive unit can be put into an integrated frame with our vibrocorer and heat flow probe to allow a single deployment and mobilisation for all three sampling tools.
To get the best dataset you need the highest quality cones. You need a product that has been thought about and created especially for offshore use. Our cones are built to the highest standards and as you would expect from Feritech products they offer more than our competitors adding value to the services that you can offer.
- Digital 24 bit data acquisition
- All calibration, setup and service history data is stored within the cone electronically
- Built in magnetometers for metallic or UXO (unexploded ordnance) detection
- Bi-directional recording capability
- 5cm2 10cm2 15cm2 sizes available
- Marine grade stainless steel construction
- Dual axis tilt, pore pressure, magnetic, friction and axial load ratiometric output sensors
- Capable of 400kN thrust
- Operational depths of up to 2000m
- Variable sounding speed of 15 – 26 mm/sec
- Variable retracting speed of 15 – 90 mm/sec
- Compatible with Ø45mm, Ø36mm and Ø25mm rods
- Entire system fits in a 20ft container
- Can also record soundings on extraction as well at thrust
- Full integration with our vibrocorer and heat flow systems
- Modular ballast (400kN unit can be ballasted from between 50kN and 400kN thrust)
- Real time monitoring and control using our HUB software
- All calibration data and cone history is stored within the cone – no more paper records