Double van veen grab
The FT561 is Ideal for taking samples for biological, hydrological and environmental studies
The Feritech double van veen grab is the most universal of the grab samplers. The van veen is ideal for taking samples for biological, hydrological and environmental studies.
The double grab configuration allows for more efficient sampling operations in deeper waters, reducing time needed on the vessel. Nonetheless, the system is suitable for projects in both shallow and deep waters.
Our double van veen grab also has an option of a deck stand for sea-fastening and for emptying the sample.
The lead-weighted jaws close positively, capturing the sample for secure recovery to the surface. The weights also enable reliable operation in strong currents, and extra weights can be added for hard seabed conditions.
Designs with sea-bed frames are also available on request.
– More efficient double bucket, reducing time on vessel
– Suitable for both shallow and deep waters
– Inspection lids for easy sampling
– Available with or without a deck stand
– Optional lead weights for extra penetration
– Configurable weights for strong currents and hard sea beds
– Works at any depth
– Available from stock