Heat flow – thermal conductivity
The in-situ digital thermal conductivity system offers class leading real-time digital thermal analysis. The probe can be used independently or as an integrated solution with our vibrocorer or drop (gravity and piston) corers.
The data can be collected in real-time (using an umbilical) or stored on internal memory for retrieval later (cable or Bluetooth). The system can also measure temperature profiles or spot temperatures within the profile. All the features are controlled using intuitive software that requires minimal training to operate.
- High resolution sensor array in 1,2,4 or 6 metre lengths with 0.1m resolution
- Sensor data resolution of < 1mK in the range -2°C to 30°C with an accuracy ±2mK
- Water temperature -10 to +40°C accurate to 0.1% of full scale
- Water depth 0-4000m with a 1m resolution accurate to 0.1% of full scale.
- Inclination sensor 0-359° in all axis accurate to 1°
- System health including voltages, pod temperature and humidity
- Full integration with our vibrocorer and CPT systems