Heat Flow - Thermal Conductivity
The FT580 Heat Flow Probe has been designed to work as a standalone system, or as an add-on sensor to our range of Piston, Gravity, and Vibrocorers.
Data can either be collected in real time using an umbilical, or collected automatically and stored internally for retrieval when the instrument is recovered to deck.
We’ve used ground-breaking electronics to develop the system to include a uniform heat source along the length of the probe, as well as a high-density array of highly accurate thermal sensors, to deliver class leading data.
All features are also controlled seamlessly using our intuitive, easy-to-learn HUB software which requires minimal training.
Download the Heat Flow datasheet to find out more, or get in touch with our experienced team to discuss your project or requirements.
- High resolution sensor array 1m-6m in length (in 1m increments) with 0.1m resolution
- Temperature sensor data resolution of <0.001⁰C in the range -2⁰C to 30⁰C with an accuracy ±0.002⁰C
- Water temperature -10⁰C to 30⁰C accurate to 0.1% to full scale
- Water depth 0-4000m with a 1m resolution accurate to 0.1% full scale
- Inclination sensor 0⁰-359° in all axis accurate to 1°
- System health including voltages, pod temperature and humidity
- Full integration with our other geotechnical systems using HUB software
The measurement and heating elements are controlled by the onboard module and powered by an integral battery pack.
When integrated into our Vibrocorer system, the Heat Flow equipment can be used in much tougher ground conditions.
Gravity Corer Deployment
The Heat Flow probe can be deployed using our Gravity Corer either in autonomous mode or in “real time” mode.