The new model is now available for purchase or rental, as of Spring 2021.
The first generation unit was launched over ten years ago and quickly established itself as the most robust, powerful and versatile vibrocore system available. It has been used by the largest survey companies around the globe, attracted by its key features which include:
- Low weight high strength modular frame
- High power output
- A range of upgrade options, including variable frequency control, inclinometer, heat flow thermal conductivity system, and real time penetration monitor
- Advanced integrated software, giving the engineer the information needed to ensure efficient, successful and safe deployment and operation
- A design that is built to withstand the harsh offshore environment and unforgiving handling
Now we have taken technical innovation and performance to the next level with the launch of our next generation Vibrocorer, which has the following outstanding features:
- Increased vibratory power output of 70kN.
- Increase vibratory amplitude due to improved power to weight ratio
- Compatibility with the new Feritech Vibrocorer Launch and Recovery System (LARS)
- Reduction in mobilisation time due to simplified frame structure
- Modular electronics modules for easy in-field upgrades
- Due to its simple-to-assemble modular construction, the system can be mobilised very quickly for cores of 1-9 m.
Whether you are an existing Feritech customer or a business that is considering using our services for the first time, speak to our team to find out more about the benefits of our new model Vibrocorer.
- Variable frequency of 10Hz – 50Hz
- High power with up to 70kN thrust
- 1 – 9m modular construction (in 1m or 3m increments)
- Rapid mobilisation with plug and play setup
- Change barrels with the frame laid horizontally or vertically
- Quick barrel release system
- 300m depth rating standard
- 600m with compensation
- Consumables compatible with our gravity and piston corers
- Frame hot-dip galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461:2009
Frequency and thrust control
The system offers adjustment of the vibrational frequency and effective thrust in real time. this ensures samples are collected with the minimum of disturbance of the ground but with the advantage of being able to turn up the penetration force when needed to ensure effective penetration and recovery of compacted samples within the stratigraphy.
Launch and Recovery System (LARS)
We also offer a dedicated Launch And Recovery System LARS for use with our FT551 high power vibrocorer system. this allows the user to improve deployment and recovery ensuring operators are safe and the project progresses as quickly as possable.
High Power, Variable Frequency
Feritech Global’s Vibrocorer is the only system on the market with an optional variable frequency system. By using this unique variable frequency system, sample disturbance is minimised, ensuring a high quality sample regardless of high power settings.
Modular and quick to mobilise
The system is modular and very easy to use. It can be configured to collect cores from 1m to 9m long in 1m increments and is very quick to mobilise either onboard or on the quayside.
The frame is made from common modules (1m and 3m in length) that can be quickly configured to collect the required core length.
Barrel swap in any position
Unlike any other Vibrocorer system, our Vibrocorer can be deployed and recovered to deck in the horizontal or vertical axis without requiring a LARS. Barrels can be swapped in either position meaning that the user can choose the best deployment and recovery method for the vessel they are operating from.
We do offer a LARS system for increased weather window operation and improved safety, the choice is yours.